As a traveler, there are few things worse than a long layover. Fortunately, Chicago O’Hare International Airport is home to some of the best coffee shops in the city, allowing you to sip your worries away while waiting for your next flight.
1. Intelligentsia Coffee: Located in Terminal 5, Intelligentsia is a must-stop for coffee enthusiasts. Known for their exceptional coffee blends, this upscale cafe serves some of the best coffee in the city. Try their signature Black Cat espresso for a bold kick or opt for one of their seasonal drinks like the honey cinnamon latte.
2. Starbucks Reserve: For those who prefer a more familiar brand, the Starbucks Reserve in Terminal 3 offers a unique coffee experience. Here, you can try their small-batch, handcrafted coffee blends or order one of their signature drinks. Plus, the Reserve offers a more comfortable setting to relax and recharge.
3. Cafe Umbria: If you’re looking for a taste of Italy, Cafe Umbria in Terminal 1 is the perfect spot. This family-owned roastery and cafe serves authentic Italian espresso and coffee drinks. Savor a rich, smooth, and creamy cappuccino or try their Nutella latte for a sweet treat.
4. Big Shoulders Coffee: With locations in Terminals 1 and 3, Big Shoulders Coffee is a local favorite. This Chicago-based roaster is known for its direct trade coffee and sustainable practices. Their espresso-based drinks are bold, flavorful, and expertly crafted, making them the perfect pick-me-up for your layover.
5. Dunkin’ Donuts: For a budget-friendly option, Dunkin’ Donuts can be found in all terminals at O’Hare. Though it may not be as glamorous as some of the other options, this classic American brand boasts great coffee, especially their classic drip coffee.
In conclusion, whether you’re a coffee aficionado or just looking for a quick caffeine fix, O’Hare has something for everyone. Instead of wasting your time in discomfort, spend your layover sipping your way through one of these exceptional coffee shops.