Chicago is one of the most vibrant cities in the United States, offering a wide variety of culinary experiences. From classic steakhouses to innovative gastropubs, there is something for everyone in the Windy City. Whether you’re looking for a romantic dinner for two or a place to take the family for a night out, here is a guide to Chicago’s best restaurants.
1. Alinea: Alinea is a three-Michelin-starred restaurant that has been a staple of the Chicago dining scene since 2005. Led by chef Grant Achatz, Alinea offers a unique and innovative dining experience that has been praised by critics and diners alike. The menu features a variety of dishes, from classic steak to inventive vegetable-based dishes.
2. Girl & the Goat: This popular restaurant is the brainchild of chef Stephanie Izard, who won the fourth season of Top Chef. Girl & the Goat is a rustic-style restaurant that specializes in eclectic dishes that are made with fresh, local ingredients. The menu features items such as pork belly tacos, grilled octopus, and roasted bone marrow.
3. Au Cheval: This hip restaurant is known for its classic American fare, including its famous cheeseburger. The menu also features a variety of sandwiches and salads, as well as an extensive list of craft beers.
4. The Publican: This restaurant is a great spot for seafood lovers, offering an extensive selection of fresh fish and shellfish. The menu features a variety of dishes, from oysters to lobster rolls. The restaurant is also known for its craft beer selection.
5. Yusho: This Japanese-inspired restaurant is a great spot for sushi lovers. The menu features a variety of sushi rolls, as well as other dishes such as ramen and yakitori.
These are just a few of the many great restaurants in Chicago. Whether you’re looking for a romantic dinner for two or a place to take the family for a night out, there is something for everyone in the Windy City.